A Sangguniang Panlalawigan that is committed to be an effective tool for the delivery of basic services through the passage of laws and measures responsive to the needs of its constituents in achieving a progressive community.
The Sangguniang Panlalawigan of La Union shall pursue a unified and collective effort for the passage of quality legilations that would address the needs and promote the welfare of the community.
I. To deliver basic services responsive to the needs of our constituents with utmost
C - Commitment
H - Honesty
I - Integrity
C - Courtesy
K - Knowledge and
S - Sincerity
In order to pursue a unified and collective quality service.
II. To motivate and promote active people’s participation in community building through:
T - Teamwork
O - Openness
P - Productivity
I - Idealism
C - Capability
III. To enhance and promote welfare of the community which is
G - God-fearing
O - Optimistic
O - Objective
D - Dedicated
- Approve ordinances ans pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective provincial government.
- Grant franchises, approve the issuance of permits or licenses, or enact ordinance levying taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and for such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants.
- Approve ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the basic services and facilities.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Secretary to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
- Attend meetings of the Sanggunian and keep a journal of its proceedings.
- Keep the seal of the local government unit and affix the same with her signature to all ordinances, resolutions, and other official acts of the Sanggunian and present the same to the Presiding Officer for his signature.
- Forward to the Governor or Mayor, as the case may be, for approval, copies of ordinances enacted by the Sanggunian as duly certified by the Presiding Officer, in the manner provided in Section 54 under Book I of the Local Government Code of 1991.
- Furnish, upon request of any interested party, certified copies of records of public character in her custody, upon payment to the treasurer of such fess as may be prescribed by ordinance.
Ordinance and Resolution Staff
- Draft Ordinance and Resolutions of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
- Plan, design and execute legislative research of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
- Examine and analyze legislative data
- Read and analyze legislative research materials as basis for interpretative opinion.
- Submit legislative report to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
- Maintain and keep records of all accountable properties of the agency's undertaking and engaging in property and supply management, preparatory and submit inventory reports.
- Prepare annual and supplemental budget proposals and coordinate with the Local Budget Office on Budgetary matters affecting this office.
- Prepare training design for the conduct of employee's development, particularly on the special programs affecting local assessment operation.
- Prepare promotional line-up and proposal for personnel movement.
- Implement office policies and procedures affecting personnel discipline in accordance with established norms, standards and practices.
- Ensure proper dissemination of administrative issuance coming from Local and Regional Offices.
Journal and Minute Staff
- Transcribe and edit journal of sessions.
- Encode and print journal, agenda of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan.
- Record in a book all ordinances and resolutions enacted by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
Board Secretarial Staff
- Record resolutions and ordinances authored by their respective superiors.
- Prepare routine office correspondence, endorsement, reports and memoranda and type the same for review by their immediate supervisor.
********************* Updating ***********************
Office Address: Office of the Provincial Vice Governor, Sangguniang Panlalawigan Bldg., Aguila Rd., Brgy. II, City of San Fernando La Union 2500
Telephone: (072) 888-4361 / 700-2312