Hon. Jonathan Justo A. Orros, Jr.
Board Member, 1st District of La Union
I. EDUCATION SECTOR
- To initiate enhanced legislative measures to widen the scope of the local scholarship program of the provincial government, to include the Out- of-School-Youth (OSY) who are deserving and willing to finish their college education; and
- To provide a legislative support to the annual BRIGADA ESKWELA program of the national government by giving incentives to innovations introduced by participating schools and their respective Parents Teachers Community Associations (PTCAs).
II. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- To institutionalize the SP Legislative Information’s Tracking System by introducing an Ordinance to that effect; and
- To introduce a legislative measure to enable public places (e.g. public plazas, malls, marketplaces) as WI- FI access zones.
III. AGRICULTURE SECTOR
- To introduce a legislative measure for the establishment of a Farmers/Fisher folks Identification System (FFIS) for proper monitoring of PGLU interventions and support packages, among others
- To institutionalize the Bamboo Industry in the Province of La Union.
IV. TRADE AND COMMERCE
- To introduce a legislative measure that will require all business establishments (banks, grocery stores, computers shops, etc) which are located within the urban centers to provide an adequate parking space for their customers in order to loosen up traffic jams in the said areas.