Tourism - Religious Pieces - Saint John the Baptist Parish


ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH


Be drifted to the past by the perfect red brick panorama of San Juan Church and convent together with the solemnly that envelopes it. Established in 1707 under the care of the Augustinian missionaries, the church, convent and even the town of San Juan were destroyed during the 1898 Revolution. After the Spanish-American war, its restoration was led by its first Filipino parish priest and a native of San Juan, Rev. Fr. Mariano Gaerlan who was one of the “Nine Clerics” of the Nueva Segovia who fought for our liberation.