LGU - Tubao - Profile

Formerly a barrio of the municipalities of Agoo and Aringay, Tubao was a “visita” of the Parish of Agoo. The early settlers in this barrio called it San Isidro de Tubao in honor of its Patron Saint Isidore, the farmer whose feast is celebrated every May 14 & 15 of the year. The Parish Church is also a must see attraction for its American-inspired Architecture which resembles the Baguio Cathedral. Tubao became a town on July 20, 1885 by virtue of a Spanish Superior Decreto.

Discovering Tubao is approximately five hour drive from Manila. Vacationers may stop over at Rosario, La Union. From Rosario, another 30 minute ride via tricycle or jeepney to Tubao town proper. The Tubao Adventure starts with a sneak peek of Masalip Dam at Brgy. Magsaysay, the Sangbay Falls at Rizal and the Mini Hydro Electric Power Plant at Brgy. Halog East.

Known as the “Home of Native Tobacco”, Tubao is famous for its tobacco cigars which local and foreign fellows truly patronize. Aside from tobacco, Green Corn also marks Tubao. Tourists love the taste of the processed green corn, which is Chichacorn and Banana Chips, which are perfect “pasalubong” to relatives and friends.

Dumanon Kayo Apo!

Page 1 
Page 2