LGU - Sudipen - Profile

Sudipen is originally a barrio of Bangar, La Union and became a township of the sub-province of Lepanto, Amburayan in 1906. As embodied in Executive Order No. 72 issued by then President Manuel A. Roxas, Sudipen became a municipal district of the Province of La Union on July 30, 1947.

Separated from the Province of Ilocos Sur by the Amburayan River, it is the northernmost town of La Union, six hour drive from Manila. Tricycles are also posted at the main entrance of the public market, providing comfort and ease to commuters going to the barrios.

A visit to the Sudipen Display Center which is adjacent to the Municipal Hall, provides a comprehensive view of what Sudipen can offer. Baskets of various sizes and designs; tasty Rice Wine (Tapuey) crispy Cassava Chips; furniture of distinct designs; and Bamboocraft products can be bought at reasonable prices.

A multi-awarded Local Government Unit, Sudipen boosts of a Hydro Electric Power Plant which supplies electricity to nearby communities, a multi-million dike that serves as flood control, protection and spillway, spacious Farmers’ Public Market which caters to farmers and buyers from adjacent towns of La Union and Ilocos Sur.

Dumanon Kayo Apo!



Page 1 
Page 2